Below are some of the most frequently asked questions we receive from our customers:

When can I change over to a new supplier?
You can change supplier as soon as your contract has ended if you have notified your supplier in writing before the end of your contract and within the valid period for cancellation. Some suppliers T&C’s require a termination notice to be logged as far as 120 days before the end of your contract.

Why do I need to cancel my contract?
UK energy suppliers require confirmation of your decision to terminate your contract before they allow you to leave and change over to a new supplier. It is wise to always apply for termination in the window your supplier specifies so that you can shop around for the best prices for your new contract.

What is the LOA for?
The Letter of Authority is a document that is required to comply with the Data Protection Act and enables us to obtain information from your supplier, such as consumption, rates and contract end date.

This document will also enable us to obtain bespoke pricing for your quotes with other suppliers.

How much energy do I use?

The only way to know your consumption is to contact your current supplier and ask the question as your bills can be generated on an estimated usage.

What are RO and FITs?

RO (Renewable Obligation) and FITs (Feed In Tariff) are Governmental charges. These are premiums paid by all businesses to allow the Government to help and promote independent energy producers (i.e. an individual or business that invests in an energy producing device). This device will then be connected to the grid and the customer will be able to “sell” his energy back to the grid via the supplier Feed In Tariff. The RO is a mechanism designed to support large-scale renewable electricity generation (i.e. an industrial wind farm type set up).

What happens if I move out of my premises whilst being in a fixed term contract?

There will be no penalty charges as long as you inform the supplier or your Broker a few months before the move.

What’s a fully fixed price contract?
A supply contract where the price of energy is fixed for the contract term. This includes unit rates and standing charges which won’t change for the life of the contract. However this does not include government tax increases, or increases to other third party charge such as distribution or network costs.

If I cancel my contract with my current supplier will my electricity/gas be switched off?
No. Sending your contract notice in writing will only inform your supplier that you might be leaving at the end of your contract. If you do not organise a new supply contract by the end of the contract date your current supplier will update your rates to deemed rates which are costly. They will not cut your supply off.

Do I have to set up a Direct Debit?
To access market competitive prices you need to pay by Direct Debit as suppliers offer discounted prices for DD payment. Cash/Cheque options are available on request.

What if there is a problem or something goes wrong?
Our Support Team will get in touch and work with you and your supplier to resolve any issue.

How can you offer better prices?
We work with the big 6 suppliers as well as numerous other suppliers that can also provide you with competitive prices.

Where do you get your money from?

We get paid a finders fee from the suppliers.

Do you work with a preferred supplier?

No, we are impartial and our customers decide who they want to go with.

Why should we go with you and not direct?
Working with 24 suppliers we can find the best offers for you, saving you time and money. We are an established business in the UK, with over 50 staff, looking after over 10,000 sites in the UK.

How long do I have to wait to get my prices?
As soon as we are able to view a copy of your bills and have a signed LOA, we will be able to search for the best prices for you.  Depending on your meter and consumption, we will be able to generate prices in just minutes, or for larger consumers, 5 working days.

Is there any cost to change to a new supplier?

There is no fee for changing to a new supplier.

How long does it take to transfer to another supplier?
It can take from 4 to 6 weeks to change supplier. This is why we negotiate your contract early (about 4 months before it ends) and get you prices as soon as the supplier makes them available for you.

How does a transfer work?

Once you accept an offer from a supplier and it gets accepted by the supplier your supply will be scheduled to move at the end of your contract. Your meter will be entered in the new supplier system and be in a pre-registration period. This is a seamless, automated process. Once registered you will receive a welcome pack from your supplier and your supply will go live.

What is a fixed term fixed price contract?

This is a contract that will fix the price of your energy for a limited period. The most common contract terms are 12, 24 and 36 months. A few suppliers are now able to offer a 60 month contract.

What is my electricity meter type and where can I find it?
All electricity supplies in the UK have different meter types. These depend on your consumption and whether it is a domestic meter or commercial meter. You can find your meter type on your electricity bill and it is referred as a Meter Point Administration number (MPAN).

What is a Meter Point Administration Number (MPAN)?

For electricity, a unique 13-digit number made up of the: Distributor Identifier, the company which provides the distribution network for the supply address.

What is a Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN)?

For gas, a unique reference number identifying each gas meter.

Why does my meter profile affect my pricing?

For electricity supplies, your meter profile (the two 1st numbers of your MPAN), the distribution area, the meter time switch code Line Loss Factor and Distribution identifier information will decide which tariff your supplier can offer you.

Can I get green energy?
Yes we offer green energy. These contracts can be 100% green or partially green depending on the contract you want.

What is green energy?
The major benefit of choosing green energy is to reduce CO2 emissions. The energy supplier will provide you with a certificate to show your business commitment to reduce your Carbon Footprint. This is energy that has been generated from renewable sources meaning a source that replenishes itself when being used. For example, solar panels, organic plants used for fuel, heat from the earth, hydro plants or a wind farm.

What is Climate Change Levy (CCL)?

Since 2001 all businesses and public sector organisations in the UK are subject to Climate Change Levy (CCL). This was introduced after the Kyoto Summit in 1997 and has been introduced to incentivise the reduction of CO2 and increase energy efficiency.
CCL is a government tax (carbon tax) for gas & electricity usage that applies to all non-domestic users and the rates are updated each year on the 1st of April.

What is an Half Hourly (HH) meter?
The meter automatically sends updated meter readings to the energy supplier every half hour.

What are the benefits of P272?
The costs of buying and transporting electricity vary significantly over the day. BSC Modification P272 encourages suppliers to offer new time-of-use tariffs, where the price varies according to the time of day that electricity is used. If you choose a time-of-use tariff, you can make big savings on bills by using electricity when it is cheapest, for example, when demand is lower or when low-cost renewable electricity is available. Time-of-use tariffs can also benefit everyone by ensuring the supply of energy is secure and helping more low-carbon generation to connect to the system.

Will there be any impact on the electricity bill?
You may notice changes to your energy bills once P272 comes into force. There will be additions of new lines as the cost of service will be broken down.
Your supplier should clearly explain any changes to your bill and what your options are in advance, so that you have time to plan ahead.

What is a Meter Operator Contract (MOP)?
A MOP installs, updates and maintains your meter, and checks how it communicates with your energy supplier. MOPs give your meter details to a Data Collector (DC).

What is Data Collection Service (DCDA) contract?
Data Collector (DC), is responsible for retrieving and processing meter readings.
Data Aggregator (DA), is responsible for packaging up consumption information to meet the requirements in the Balancing and settlement code, P272.