FOR POWER SOLUTIONS TO WORK ON YOUR BEHALF WE NEED TO CONTACT YOUR CURRENT SUPPLIER AND ACCESS YOUR DATA IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE DATA PROTECTION ACT.
Validity of the letter of authority
This letter will remain valid for 12 months from the signed date.
Termination of current contract
In order to switch supplier, you are required by your existing contract to notify your current supplier of your intention to go to tender to all suppliers and move if you find a better offer elsewhere. This is called terminating your contract; each supplier has a window before the anniversary where they will allow you to do this. Please feel free to ask your Power Solutions contact to confirm this.
If you sign this Letter of Authority, Power Solutions (UK) Ltd will take reasonable steps to issue termination on your behalf. Power Solutions can only send in a letter of termination to your supplier if the Letter of Authority on file is valid.
If, however you wish to opt out of this service please initial the box next to point 1 on the letter of authority. Power Solutions will not issue termination on your behalf, therefore submitting your termination is solely your responsibility.
Please be aware that a new contract cannot be agreed without submitting a termination letter to your current supplier. Missing termination may result in a contract extension and a price change by your current supplier. Power Solutions offer their clients a “no obligation” service, compensation will not be paid if a termination is missed.
The access we require can be found in the bullet point sections below:
- This letter does not allow the broker to sign contracts on my behalf, unless stated in writing.
- Request prices and produce price comparisons to enable me to make an informed decision.
- Request and receive current and historical account information including: - Consumption history, supply numbers, pricing details, contract end dates for both our gas and electricity supplies.
- Obtain information with regards to telecoms, water i.e. Current billing and usage.
- Request our half hour data consumption over the last 12 months on our property, if applicable.
- Obtain information from ECOES database (Electricity Central Online Enquiry Service), for example metering details.
- Obtain information from Xoserve regarding the gas consumptions and meter details.
- Obtain a copy of our bill, quotations, and further quotations for our supply via email, the web or post.
- Obtain automated metering information for energy monitoring, if applicable.
- With regards to any water contract for this company, Power Solutions (UK) Ltd will be paid a fee by the water supplier.
- Submit notice of termination of our current contract on our behalf.
- This LOA applies to all sites under the company name.