This document refers to personal data, this is defined as information about people (called the Data Subject) with whom we work, that is not already in the public domain.
The Data Protection Act (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is EU wide, seek to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain such as Companies House data.
2. Power Solutions (UK) Ltd
Power Solutions (UK) Ltd is a commercial energy broker that is principally involved in the B2B sector.
3. Personal Data
"Personal data" is defined in Article 4(1) of the GDPR:
"(1) 'personal data' means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person".
Power Solutions (UK) Ltd uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email you information which we believe may be of interest to you and your business. In you making initial contact you consent to Power Solutions (UK) Ltd maintaining a dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. Power Solutions (UK) Ltd also acts on behalf of its clients in the capacity of data processor.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Power Solutions (UK) Ltd may from time to time use such information to identify its visitors. Power Solutions (UK) Ltd may also collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website.
Any information Power Solutions (UK) Ltd holds about you and your business encompasses all the details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we have obtained about you from public sources and our own suppliers such as credit referencing agencies.
Power Solutions (UK) Ltd will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with services. We do not sell or broker your data, although coincidentally there may be times when your information could be contained in data that Power Solutions (UK) Ltd has purchased from a third-party list.
4. Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet Power Solutions (UK) Ltd contractual obligations third parties and respond to individuals enquires for specific product or service
5. LEGITIMATE INTERESTS PURSUED BY POWER
SOLUTIONS(UK) LTD AND/OR ITS CLIENTS
To promote the marketing and the consulting services offered by Power Solutions (UK) Ltd and/or to market the services and/or products offered by Power Solutions (UK) Ltd existing clients.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Power Solutions (UK) Ltd processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us, see last section for full contact details.
Power Solutions (UK) Ltd may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. Power Solutions (UK) Ltd requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR. Power Solutions (UK) Ltd do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement without your consent. However, Power Solutions (UK) Ltd may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. Power Solutions (UK) Ltd may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Power Solutions (UK) Ltd, its clients and/or the wider community.
8. Retention Policy
Power Solutions (UK) Ltd will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for six years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After six years any personal data not needed will be deleted.
9. Data storage
Data is held in the United Kingdom using different (multiple) servers. Power Solutions (UK) Ltd does not store personal data outside the EEA.
10. Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst Power Solutions (UK) Ltd is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or
In the event that Power Solutions (UK) Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
Power Solutions (UK) Ltd at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Power Solutions (UK) Ltd) that has determined how and why to process your
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Power Solutions (UK) Ltd or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed
- How long the data will be
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
Power Solutions (UK) Ltd will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Power Solutions (UK) Ltd is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
Power Solutions (UK) Ltd welcomes your views about this website and our Privacy Notice. If you want to request further information regarding our policy or wish to exercise your rights, please contact our Compliance officer.
All requests should be made to:
Compliance Officer, Power Solutions(UK) Ltd., 4th Floor, One City Place, Queens Road, Chester, CH1 3BQ
email@example.com or by phoning +44 (0)1244 391 500 writing to us at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Power Solutions (UK) Ltd, you have the right to complain to Power Solutions (UK) Ltd Compliance Officer. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the ICO.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Power Solutions (UK) Ltd, attention of the Compliance Officer Telephone +44 (0)1244 391 500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
Telephone +44 (0)303 123 1113 or email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/